S E Oh Myyy!, Using Structured, Semantic Data for Stellar Content
Like all things Web, SEO is a wild ride. Ranking criteria changes rapidly as do strategies for optimizing content visibility. As challenging as this is, the goal of both search and content providers is the same: to deliver quality content to Web users. Schema.org is a collaborative effort founded by Google, Microsoft, Yahoo and Yandex. Its purpose is to create, maintain, and promote structured data schemas for embedding a voculary of metadata into Web markup. This provides a common, rich context for search engine ranking and offers content providers a means to improve content quality - a win win!
This session will introduce schema.org structured data as both an SEO tool and a means to improve the organization and provision of content for Web users. Topics will include:
- An overview og common structured data use cases.
- Examples of embedding structured content into your markup.
- Using search engine tooling to validate structured data.
- Enhancing search result form and function with structured data
- Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence applications.